Sunday, March 27, 2016

In My Hands


Im brittle.
My hands tremble holding whats left of her
The weight heavy but fleeting
Unencumbered by gravity I feel her lifting from my palms
Her energy so tangible
her breath on my neck, I deeply sigh
My eyes close and for a moment we are suspended 
our skin hot, our sinews embedded and intertwined
we are

the air thick with sadness
the atmosphere tinged with sorrow 
the earth ripped from its axis
we arent

my chest heaves
the aching
my hands tremble holding whats left of her

my heart beats, willing life with out me
my lungs breathe, the sting of  death seething
my blood runs, escaping from my eyes

I see her
at a glance shes there, running from herself
inside me, clinging to me, shes there
my ribs caging her, her song unsung

what was is gone
what would be never to be done
in her I found my
self
we were

vital organs useless things that fill now empty space inside of me
skin covering bare bones
the last of us lost

suspended we are, the heavens heavy
I tie her to me, veins exposed
I hold her gently
together we are, apart we are not
forever never
we are

No comments: