Friday, March 28, 2008

Caverns


The view is of uncompromising stature, greater than that of my whimsical grasp. Outside my door rages the demon soul snatcher, outside wait’s a dangerous road. I have traveled over many mounds of earth, stepped over, fallen through, and dived into what can only be simply described as a hell of a different kind. One where demons are self-created. The stuff that nightmares are made of. I have done my best to run, to cross myself with unholy protection. The binding of a cursed body has held me together while ripping my soul, undoing my stitching. My silent nature has hidden the forbidden paths into my mind, yet my inner screams can be heard echoing through the empty caverns of ribs and spine. Oh that the tender flesh that embodies so many secrets could be set free to experience guilt free living, to become something other that what it is. Oh to be juxtaposed with my own intolerance, to be studied by a more understanding self. How that little girl cries inside, innocence tainted, tears torn from and thrown to nothingness. She is naked, can you see beyond? She is bleeding can you mend what is beyond mending?

No comments: